Regulation requires all prospective F -1 students to pay the I-901 Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) Fee before the Department of State issues you a visa. To pay the I-901 SEVIS fee, visit FMJfee.com to access the SEVIS Form I-901. Watch the I-901 SEVIS Fee payment tutorial to learn about each step of the payment process.
Who needs to pay the SEVIS Fee?
- All prospective F-1 students from countries where a visa to travel to the United States is mandatory.
- All prospective F-1 students from visa waiver countries (before seeking admission at a U.S. port of entry).
- Any nonimmigrant in the United States applying for a change of nonimmigrant status to F-1 or M-1 status (before applying for a change of nonimmigrant status).
- An F or M student applying for reinstatement of student status because of a violation of status (before applying with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services).
- An F or M student who has been absent from the United States for more than five months and wishes to re-enter the United States to return for further study in the same course of study (before re-entry into the United States).
PRINT YOUR RECEIPT!
- The printed confirmation will serve as proof of payment for the I-901 SEVIS Fee.
- Print a receipt of payment after you have completed your I-901 payment on FMJfee.com.